CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE)
Please register as a member to download the full journal. You may submit your abstract below. Please download the template at the button below
CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE) is an international research journal and devoted to the publication of original papers. It’s an open access, peer-reviewed publication with a global reach. The journal aims to provide an international forum for the presentation of original fundamental research, interpretative reviews and discussion of new developments in the area of management and business education. It also provides a venue for top-tier researchers, practitioners, and postgraduate students to showcase ongoing research and progress in these fields.
CJMBE is published online with two (2) issues per year ( June and December). Besides that, special issues of CJMBE will be published non-periodically from time to time.
Language: English or Bahasa Melayu
Level of Publication: International
Author are required to pay (MYR 250) Article Publishing Charges (APCs) as part of the publication process.
- Advances in techniques and practices for teaching;
- Quality assurance in educational management;
- Development of human capital for business management;
- Management of teaching organisations or in higher education;
- Relationships of business and management programmes to employers needs;
- Changes in the structure of business and management education and the changing roles of management educators;
- Critical perspectives on education and its institutional development in all the business and management disciplines
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Plagiarism check. (Plagiarism is copying another’s work or borrowing someone else’s original ideas.) ( http://turnitin.com/)
- Please use this paper as a template for your paper – CJMBE Style Template.
Please use this paper as a template for your paper – CJMBE Template
The instructions below are specifically directed at authors who wish to submit a manuscript to the CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE). CJMBE considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that they have been submitted only to CJMBE, that they have not been published before, nor are they under consideration for publication or in press elsewhere. Authors who fail to adhere to this condition, their papers will not be published.
Contributions to the CJMBE must report original research and will be subject to review by referees at the discretion of the Editorial Office.
This journal charges the following author fees:
Article Publishing Charges (APCs): 250 (MYR)
Authors are requires to pay Article Publishing Charges (APCs) as part of the publication process to this account details:
CMU Bank information
Bank name : CIMB Bank Berhad
Bank Address : 1A, Wisma Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Negeri Sembilan, Jalan Dato Bandar Tunggal,
7000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
Email : [email protected]
Account Number : 8009233289
Bank Account Name : Konsortium Universiti Malaysia
Payable to : Konsortium Universiti Malaysia
SWIFT Code : CIBBMYKL
Dr. Norlaile Salleh Hudin, Scopus ID: 56940775600 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Editor in Chief:
Dr. Gulzhaina K. Kassymova; Scopus ID: 57210582211, Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University, Satbayev University, KAZAKHSTAN
Hendri Pratama, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
- Dr. Rosmaria Omar, Scopus ID: 57209512497; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
- Ts. Hj. Anuar Shaari, Scopus ID: 57212249868; Kolej Komuniti Sungai Siput, Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia, MALAYSIA
- Dr. Rimajon Soltlikova, National University of Uzbekistan, UZBEKISTAN
- Associate Professor Dr. Mohamad Maulana Magiman, Scopus ID: 57221228374; Universiti Putra Malaysia, MALAYSIA.
- Dr. Audita Nuvriasari, Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, INDONESIA
- Dr. Kennedy Ediagbonya, Ambrose Alli University, NIGERIA
- Inaya Sari Melati, S.Pd., M.Pd., Scopus ID: 57201075897, Universitas Negeri Semarang, INDONESIA
- Dr Adamu Ibrahim, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, NIGERIA
- Dr. Pet Roana B. Batacandolo, Capiz State University, PHILIPPINES
- Asst. Prof. II Ferdinand D. Anabo, Capiz State University, PHILIPPINES
All published articles are assigned to Digital Object Identifier (DOI) – CrossRef. Daily back-up of the files in the university server is made to ensure all manuscripts and articles can be recovered at any moment in case of accident. All articles are permanently archived and available in PDF formats.
The Review Process
Submitted manuscripts are first read by the Chief Editor. Once the manuscript has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double blind peer reviewed by independent, anonymous expert reviewers, typically by two reviewers, but sometimes more if special advice is needed (for example on statistics or a particular technique). The reviewers will make their decision regarding the manuscript based on the following possibilities:
Accept, with or without editorial revisions
Revision to manuscript before a final decision is reached
Resubmit for another round of review
Reject, and resubmit elsewhere
In the event of conflicting decisions from the reviewers, the editors will make a decision to resent the manuscript to a third reviewer or the manuscript will be returned to original reviewers for further advice, particularly in cases where there are disagreement among the reviewers. The editors will try to evaluate the strength of the arguments raised by each reviewer and will consider other information not available to the reviewers. Foremost, the responsibility of the editors are to the readers of the journal and how best to serve the scientific community at large.
The review process will normally take about 4 weeks.
Selection of peer-reviewers
Reviewers are selected based on expertise, reputation, and specific recommendations.
This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright to their articles. However, they will grant CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE) a non-exclusive license to publish the article, including any abstract, visual abstract, tables, figures, data, and supplemental material (together, the “Article”), in the Journal, subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
- If the Article is accepted for publication by the Editors of the Journal, CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE) will publish the Article under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY NC SA 4.0) License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/).
- The author(s) grant Anyone (and retain for themselves) the right to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) or adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material) the Article as published in the Journal provided appropriate credit is given, a link to the license is provided and details of changes made are indicated.
The CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE) follows the editorial guidelines recommended by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE). Papers will be accepted or rejected on the basis of importance in the field, originality and clarity of writing. In addition, the alignment with the stated scope and remit of the journal will be evaluated.
The CMU Academy Journal of Management and Business Education (CJMBE) is double blind peer reviewed. The editorial processes follow standard procedures thus:
Call for submissions
Article submissions and acknowledgements
Allocation of reviewers based on article content
Author re-submissions if necessary
Further editing and processing
Evaluation for publication
Code of Conduct for Authors
Authors must follow the published guidelines as set out on this website [Link].
The submitted article must be unpublished, and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Plagiarism checks will be carried out by (CJMBE), but authors are expected to ensure that originality and correct citation processes are followed. Copyright for images, etc., are the responsibility of the author. A copyright transfer form must be completed. The identity of reviewers will not be disclosed to authors.
Abstract must be in fully-justified text, below the author information. Use the word “Abstract” as the title, in Times 12-point boldface, centered relative to the column, initially capitalized. The abstract is to be in 10-point, single-spaced type, and up to 250 words in length. Leave two blank lines after the abstract, and then begin the main text.
All manuscripts must be in English. These guidelines include complete descriptions of the fonts, spacing, and related information for producing your proceedings manuscripts.
- Formatting your paper
All printed material, including text, illustrations, and charts, must be kept within a print area of 16.00 cm wide by 22.00 cm high. Do not write or print anything outside the print area. All text must be in a one-column format.
- Main title
The main title (on the first page) should begin 1.3/8 inches (3.49 cm) from the top edge of the page, centered, and in Times 14-point boldface. Capitalize the first letter of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs; do not capitalize articles, coordinate conjunctions, or prepositions (unless the title begins with such word).
- Author name(s) and affiliation(s)
Author names and affiliations are to be centered beneath the title and printed in Times 12-point non-boldface. Include e-mail addresses if possible. Author’s information should be followed by two 12-point blank lines.
- Second and following pages
The second and following pages should begin 1.0 inch (2.54 cm) from the top edge. On all pages, the bottom margin should be 1.1/8 inches (2.86 cm) from the bottom edge of the page for 8.5 inches x 11.0 inches paper; for A4 paper, approximately 1.5/8 inches (4.13 cm) from the bottom edge of the page.
- Type-style and fonts
Wherever Times is specified, Times Roman or Times New Roman may be used.
- Main text
Type your main text in Times 11-point, single-spaced. Do not use double-spacing. All paragraphs should be indented 1/4 inch (approximately 0.5 cm). Be sure your text is fully justified—that is, flush left and flush right. Please do not place any additional blank lines between paragraphs.
- Format for figure, graph, table and etc
Figure and table captions should be Helvetica 10-point boldface (or a similar sans-serif font). Callouts should be Helvetica 9-point non-boldface. Initially capitalize only the first word of each figure caption and table title. Figures and tables must be numbered separately. For example: “Figure 1. Data analysis”, “Table 1. Graph 1”. Figure captions are to be centered below the figures. Table titles are to be centered above the tables.
- First-order and Second-order headings
For first-order heading, they should be Times 12-point boldface, initially capitalized, flush left, with one blank line before, and one blank line after. For example, “1. Introduction”, Use a period (“.”) after the heading number, not a colon. For second-order headings, they should be Times 11-point boldface, initially capitalized, flush left, with one blank line before, and one after.
Use footnotes sparingly (or not at all) and place them at the bottom of the column on the page on which they are referenced. Use Times 8-point, single-spaced. To help your readers, avoid using footnotes altogether and include necessary peripheral observations in the text (within parentheses, if you prefer, as in this sentence).
List and number all references in Times 9-point, single-spaces, at the end of your paper. Author (last name then followed with name for the first author and first name for the second author), title year, publisher (italic), volume (number) includes page number. Examples :
Jacobs, J. (1961). The Death and Life of Great American Cities. New York: Random House.
Burrow, I. J (1986). The Effects of Darkness on the Capacity of Road Junction. Traffic Engineering & Control, 27(12), 596-599.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Please refer information below to contact us regarding your abstract and paper submission